Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cheating

What do we do when someone cheats on us?? I know we all handle this very, very differently. Some of us say, "Get the hell out of here! How dare you cheat on me, do that to me, and hurt me so badly." Somone you loved so dearly, now has hurt you so badly, a broken heart. Others allow it to happen, stay in the relationship and have to deal with the pain and accept it, but do not want to move on.
When I am in a relationship, I would never, ever cheat. I can say that because I was married a long time, and even when my marriage was falling apart and I had the opportunity to cheat, with some hotties, I still said, "No!" Why? I would never want to hurt the person I once loved, and shared my time with. It's about respect, respecting yourself and your partner.
Many people make excuses for the cheating behavior, but you know what?? There is no excuse for cheating. If your are just dating, it's pretty easy, just break up! If you are married and have a family, yes, it is harder to do. But, would you want to stay with someone now that slept with another person, not you, and someone who didn't even care enough about you and your feelings? And then you are going to have sex with your partner wondering how they shared something so intimate with someone other than you. Surely if this person truly loved you, they would never want to do that to you, hurt you, no matter how much they wanted to cheat.
And if you are married and have children and they find out, what are you teaching them? That it's okay to cheat? It's okay to hurt someone you love so much?
I think too many of us just turn the other cheek to cheating. They just put up with it. But what does that say about us? About who we are? About how much we love ourselves? Are we that insecure that we still cling to that person, feeling we can't live without them? Well, who wants to be with someone that wants to have sex with someone else anyway? And not you, to know you do not satisfy the other that way any longer, that you are not good enough and they need more sex elsewhere?
I have been alone, struggling financially an emotionally, but I know I can be alone without clinging to someone who hurt me that bad, and didn't care enough about my feelings and had to cheat. Many of us can not be alone, are afraid to be alone. But if we stay with someone who cheated or is cheating, what are we telling ourself? That we are not good enough to be loved? We turn the other cheek, but how does that make us feel about ourselves? Living each day not trusting the other, always wondering in the back of our heads if they are going to cheat again. Such a lack of love, lack of disrespect.
Yes, this is a hard one. An issue we each would handle differently. My advice is to put yourself first, know you are loving, trustful and honest, and really think why you want to stay in the relationship.
Morals and values, have they changed? It seems as if everyone cheats now, and it is as if it is almost accepted. Don't accept it, don't allow it to keep happening to you, because I know somewhere it is hurting you deeply. Be better to yourself and know you do not deserve it to happen to you, and know there will be someone, somewhere that will love you, and only you, and only want you in their bed, and no one else!

No comments:

Post a Comment